Member and Youth
Short Story and Poetry Contest
2010 Contestants’ Rules
1. Entries must be written during the contest year.
2. Writers must be amateurs; earnings from writing must not exceed $500 annually.
3. Manuscripts may not have been published prior to the competition.
4. Manuscripts must be original work by the author
5. Manuscripts will not be returned. Authors should keep a copy.
6. Entries should comply with the following format:
Heading in the upper right-hand corner of each page.
Heading is single-spaced.
Heading includes these 9 lines:
City, State, Zip Code
E-Mail Address (if available)
Name of Sponsoring Club
Title of Manuscript
Poems and Short Stories MUST be typed and double-sp,aced.
Short stories should be 2,0000 words or less
Poems: Any style, 8-30 lines for Students
Any style, 8-50 lines for Members
Short Stories must have a one-inch margin all around the text. (imagine a one inch frame around the text.)
Poetry must have a one-inch margin all around the text.
Poetry may be centered.
Heading must a]not appear in any pat of 1” margin.
7. Youth may enter one short story and/or one poem for club contests on the local level.
8 . A completed and signed Copyright Waiver form must accompany your submission
Submit to sponsoring club no later than: January 4, 2010.